Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Today...on ICMB!


Today I'm contributing over at the Iowa City Moms Blog (ICMB!) Hop on over there and read all about our difficulties with Julia taking a bottle (and share your tips if you have any!)


I guess now would probably be the time to share that I will be contributing here and there on ICMB. I'm really excited - Iowa City has needed a group like this. Moms who are passionate about their communities and looking to form more mom friends. I feel that we, as moms, can never have enough support. In the short time I've been working with these new mom friends of mine, I have been so encouraged and inspired by all that they do. Seriously. Some of them have multiple kids, full-time jobs, and find time to immerse themselves in hobbies, churches, activities with their kids, and now this. 

Some days I'm still lucky if I can go for a run, shower, brush my teeth, do the dishes AND attempt to make some dinner. Not all of it always happens, but I am learning that being a mom is a balancing act. At the end of every day, it doesn't really matter if my house is sparkling clean, or dinner is a microwaveable dinner or my hair is a little dirty. It does matter that I have a happy baby, husband, and puppy. That's my job as a mother. To keep this family playing, staying, and loving together. I'm just always looking for a little extra help as to how to do all of it - which is where this blog will come into play. 

If you have friends in the Iowa City or surrounding communities that are pregnant, experiencing life as a first-time mom, or are adding more members to already growing families, this blog can be a place for them, too.

So, Iowa City Moms Blog. Go check it out!

Kelsey



4 comments:

  1. I wish I still lived in Iowa City so we could be mommy friends! =) I wish I had advice on how to get Julia to take a bottle, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know! i wish you were still here so badly! i think about you lots! how are you and that sweet baby boy doing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are good! I love being a mommy!! We certainly had our own breastfeeding battle. Breast vs nipple shield. Hallelujah the breast won. Hey whats your email address? Id love to add you to my blog (it's private)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just sent it to you in a FB message! Can't wait to read!

      Delete