Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Catching Snowflakes.





It's March. One of the craziest months in the state of Iowa. Snow one day, sixty degree weather the next, blizzard-like conditions the following day.

I was a little happy this morning when we woke up to four inches of snow. I had been neglecting to do Julia's "First Snow" pictures all season long. While I don't enjoy the shoveling, the slush, and the crazies that drive their huge trucks at scary fast speeds, I am thankful we got these four inches. Had we not gotten them, I never would have witnessed Julia's joy in the snow; scooting her little tush, closing her eyes, and feeling the wind hit her face with that little tongue.

As excited as I am to say hello to Spring and farewell to Old Man Winter, I'm also a little bit sad. Because as we welcome a whole new round of "firsts," we also tuck away the previous round of firsts and try our best to keep those memories vivid, fresh and special.

What a wonderful Winter it was.

Xo,
KBG

2 comments: