Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Post Vacation Blues.

We are home.

It's freezing here.

I still wish I were in Orlando running to grab Fast Passes and watching Gracie walk through the park hand-in-hand with her Uncle Alex. I still wish I were surrounded by 8 of my very best friends, not knowing what day of the week it is, or what responsibilities I had waiting for me at home. I still wish I was waking up to Grant greeting us with his sweet question of "Where's Theo?" and enjoying coffee with clementines & eggs or maybe an occasional breakfast out - just because we're on vacation. I miss watching Garrett teach his Grandpa how to use his new iPhone while waiting for Gracie, Grant & my mom to finish shopping in the Moroccan Pavilion. I miss drinking Strongbow Ciders and sneaking a kiss on the cheek to my husband as we let the Florida Sunshine hit our dry, cracked, Iowa skin.

The magic of Disney made these past seven days so happy, so filled with excitement, and filled with so much energy.

We miss it; but how wonderful to feel so connected to a place that builds so many memories.

See you next year, Mickey.



xoxo,

kbg

1 comment: