Twenty-three, you were a good year. My first full year with my husband. We spent a lot of this year learning how to love each other best and learning how to live with one another the best. Working on our marriage, per se, and laying our foundation for a strong future together. Looking back, it was an absolutely wonderful year. A new job, a trip to Disney, a positive pregnancy test, nine full months of soaking in moments and making mental memories of life as just a duo, a wonderful trip to Colorado, and a laid-back summer with my hubby.
Twenty-four, I always thought that twenty-two would be the best year of my life. I mean, I married my best friend. How much better could it get? As Twenty-three came around, I realized that the love I had for my best friend had not only grown, but the roots had deepened and there was no way I could ever imagine my life without him. As twenty-four rolled in, it quickly became obvious that while year twenty-two was absolutely wonderful, year twenty-four would probably shine a little bit brighter. A new daughter and the birth of our lives as parents. We definitely have a year of "firsts" ahead of us. While I know it will be filled with lots of smiles and happy moments, I also realize there will be our fair share of tears, frustration, sleepless nights and lots of worry. That's to be expected as new parents.
When I arrived home from work today, the most thoughtful birthday present ever was lying on my kitchen counter. Tickets to Ingrid Michaelson in October. After the big smile wore off my face, the next thing I thought about was the babysitter...and that's when my stomach twisted into a little knot and I felt the first fringe of worry.
This is my new life & I love it.
Xoxo,
KBG
No comments:
Post a Comment