Sunday, March 25, 2012

Dear Baby

Dear Sweet Baby-to-Be,

We're just 16 weeks into this journey. I know you are incredibly special, and I have not even met you yet. We've heard your heartbeat just once. It was loud, pronounced and incredibly cute; just as I imagine your personality will someday be.  It was the reminder we needed that you are present and you are growing.

You are our first "surprise". My mind often wanders thinking about whether you will be our first son or our first daughter, and how your presence will affect our lives. While the timing may not have been perfect, I couldn't imagine it any other way.

You have a dad who studies lots, so that we can have a brighter future. You have a brother-dog that is really good at barking, protecting the house, and is very affectionate; he will be your best friend. You have grandparents who are a bit concerned about how your dad and I are going to do this; but nonetheless, they will love and adore you.

You have Aunts and Uncles and a handful of cousins that are anxious for you to arrive in September. One, in particular, is a bit nervous that you'll share her birthday. I'm not sure if you will or not, but I can imagine that we will have fabulous joint birthday celebrations in the years to come.

You have a world waiting to be explored. But for now, just grow. Be healthy. Develop right. And don't come until you are ready. You will be 100% perfect. And we will love you with every ounce of our hearts.

Thank you, God. For blessing us with the gift of a developing life. We are so lucky.

Xoxo,

AG + KG

No comments:

Post a Comment