Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Ole Weekend




This past weekend LB & I made a trip to see Brother Sam & soon-to-be sister, Katherine, for homecoming weekend at St. Loaf. St. Olaf is the most beautiful campus I've ever seen. While I've never read Harry Potter, I made up in my mind that this is what Hogwarts probably looks like - old, beautiful buildings with tons and tons of green space and super smart students.



Momma G & Papa G originally had plans to visit Sam & Katherine for homecoming weekend, so when we caught wind we decided to join as well. It was a total family weekend, which, in our books is always the best of weekends.


We started off on Friday night with a bang. Sam made an executive decision to the tap the keg, and we did just that. Flippy cup games turned into the physical matches - I think at one point I was actually blocked out varsity basketball style. Impressive, yes? Beer pong followed just as such. And amidst all of it, Theo was such a little ham ball as all of the Ole girls laid eyes on him for the first time. What a natural.


Saturday was jam-packed. Football, tailgating, beer drinking, hamburger eating, pig roasting, surprise partying, and more partying in general continued. Oh, and did I mention cake shots? So there was even a little birthday partying, too. When we come to visit, apparently all of St. Olaf does is ready to put on a show. It was an absolutely awesome day...



LB and I left St. Olaf wishing we were still undergrads - and then I quickly oriented myself and remembered what it was like to do nursing journals, tests, group projects and spend all day Sunday at a library. I felt 99% better about being 23 years old and having a job.


But still, undergrad was a pretty sweet life.


S & K, thanks for hosting us. Did we tell you that we both deemed it one of our favorite weekends yet? We can't wait to come back and visit.


xoxo,
kg

2 comments:

  1. Ahh I'm so ready to be back in Columbia on the 15th for Homecoming!! Looks like y'all had a perfect, collegiate fall weekend.

    ReplyDelete