Monday, September 19, 2011

Naperville Weekend

Colin + Samantha were married this weekend. We road tripped it to Chicago on Friday morning and had such an awesome time celebrating with both of them & a handful of our good friends.
Samantha is an event planner and had everything down to the smallest details just perfect for their wedding. The day before was your typical Chicago day - windy, cold & rainy. Saturday was filled with lots of sunshine and the best fall temperatures. The day fit these two perfectly & we were so happy to be able to share it with them. The food was fabulous - I had my first bacon wrapped stuffed date and I fell in love. I can't wait to recreate them at home! We danced & danced and then stayed up celebrating until nearly 2 am. Even though I am still feeling it today, it was totally worth it.These two are currently off honeymooning & cruising in the Caribbean. We wish them lots of smiles & a long life together!
We did get to have some tourist time on Friday before the wedding and explored the downtown area via the L & saw a little bit of Millenium Park/Michigan Avenue. Thanks to being a novice L passenger and then walking the wrong direction on Michigan Avenue for a mile or two, we nearly had one of those "husband&wife-traveling-is-stressful-moments" that result in a less than desirable outcome. Thankfully, we just happened to stumble across a nice local that kindly pointed us in the right direction. Phew. Disaster avoided.

The Bean is awesome & LB navigated the rest of the way like a superstar and I got to hit up all the stores I'd been dreaming about. (Mainly just Anthropologie). Law Boy wanted self-serve fro-yo & besides taking time to eat some lunch that was his only request.
We hit up IKEA on our way out-of-town Sunday afternoon. Ikea is pretty much my heaven. Law Boy thinks I'm a total freak and just doesn't quite get it. The place is just such a monstrosity of creative ideas waiting to be taken home with you. You know how when you eat a sour warhead and the juices in your mouth start to go all crazy? That happens to me when I go to Ikea. I even tried to convince LB that we should eat in the cafeteria so I could look through the catalog and snag more awesome Swedish furniture, but he put a nix to that and said "LET'S GO!" and we left with $180.00 of awesome new stuff for the house.
I'll give you a hint of a project I am working on for our house:


Successful weekend : )

xoxo,

kg

3 comments:

  1. haha I love your description of Ikea + his reaction;) looks like a great weekend all around. love your photos, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Twas a great weekend, and I forgive you for getting us lost on Michigan Avenue babe.

    LB

    ReplyDelete